Grovelands School - School
Who we are and what we value
Grovelands Primary School is a locally maintained two-form entry primary school, including an on-site nursery and oversight of two children’s centres. We teach the national curriculum to children aged 3 – 11 years following the EYFS framework and Cornerstones scheme of work. At Grovelands, we promote an inclusive environment where our children enjoy school and achieve and aspire in their learning to their full potential, regardless of their background or ability. We are proud of our strong school community that is made up of charming and well-behaved children, committed and skilled staff, dedicated governors and supportive parents. We firmly believe in delivering a broad and creative curriculum complemented by values-driven education, where all of our children can develop to their best academic potential in a supportive, secure environment. Our ethos is to ensure that every child’s experience at Grovelands provides them with varied and stimulating academic, artistic and social opportunities, alongside development of the interpersonal skills they will need for the future. Our focus on core values, interwoven with modern British values, produces well-rounded individuals who are confident, enthusiastic, personable, generous in spirit and deed, and who grow and develop through their love of learning. We aim to ensure that when our pupils leave us they possess a strong moral compass, the tools and knowledge to successfully enquire, assess and evaluate, and a desire to go into the world and improve it. At Grovelands, we believe that striving for the best academic achievement, alongside exceptional personal, social and emotional development is fundamental to shaping a child’s character, confidence, happiness and success. We endeavor to nurture and encourage, stretch without stressing, and challenge without pressurising.
“To be an ambitious, inclusive first choice nursery and primary school that achieves excellent learning outcomes complemented with exceptional personal, social and emotional development so that our children can reach their full potential.”
1. Achieve nursery, KS1 and KS2 results and a broad, balanced curriculum delivery that we are proud of.
2. Instill confidence in, and enhance, robust systems and processes to ensure every penny is being spent as well as possible on children’s education and well-being.
3. Ensure that our premises, grounds and infrastructure are of the highest possible standard
4. Determine the best partnerships and relationships for the longer term – driving improvements in teaching and learning outcomes and financial opportunity and stability.
5. Attract and develop staff who are 100% committed to our culture, ethos and vision for the future.
6. Develop a strong, ambitious and cohesive leadership team and governing body that owns, delivers and improves on these objectives.
Our Aims and Ethos
For Grovelands to be a happy, successful school community that develops confident, aspirational learners.
To offer a supportive, exciting, challenging and creative learning environment.
To give every child a love of learning that can be taken into the next phase of education and beyond.