FROGS - Achievements and Aims
Over the years FROGS has raised, and continues to raise, funding for many different projects, which all aim to provide and improve equipment and resources to enhance our children’s enjoyment and learning.
Recent large projects include:
- The complete redevelopment of the Middle Garden Area.
- A modern new library for the children to develop a love of reading and books.
- A newly designed and purpose built Nursery Garden to enhance play through learning.
Smaller projects include:
- Two table tennis tables for the children to use in their break times
- Redesign of flower beds by main reception
- Three air conditioners for the first floor classrooms
- Custom running vests for sports
FROGS also provides Christmas crackers for the school end of term Christmas lunch, chocolate Easter Eggs for end of Spring term, supporting sports day with refreshments and the Year 6 leavers Prom, to name just a few.
The school year 2017/2018 saw the first Year 6 as Grovelands completed its transition to a full Primary School. It was only fitting that as Year 6 prepared to leave us to become Secondary School students, they have a send-off to remember! Hosted at Imber Court in Esher, Year 6 “Glitz and Glam” leavers party had a red carpet entrance to take them to the upstairs dining room. A hot buffet was followed by the opening of the Ballroom with DJ, disco and funky photo booth. Music and never-seen-before dance moves ensued with Year 6 teachers Miss Kurton and Mrs Kendall ending the evening with a brilliant awards ceremony.
What we are currently working towards
Our current large fundraising project is for a MUGA (Multi Use Games Area). This is currently in the planning application stages but will provide an area on the field where children can enjoy a wide variety of sporting activities.